Wednesday 1 September 2010

Exhibition, Kruger and a Greenshank

Typical, just as the local birding seems to be improving I'm off on my hols! Mind you I'm lucky enough to be going somewhere where the bird life is not exactly thin on the ground, nor the wildlife come to that! - as of Friday me and Helen leave for a couple of weeks exploring Kruger National Park in South Africa. We've never been to Kruger before but having read and heard so many wonderful stories about the park and the wildlife there we're very excited about finally going to see it for ourselves.

Before I leave I want to thank everybody who took the time to visit my exhibition which has been running for the last 3 weeks at the Guernsey Picture Framers and Gallery at Oatlands Village and which finishes at the end of this week. It's been a tremendous success and it's been a pleasure meeting and chatting with various visitors whenever I've been there. Sales of prints and canvas' have been really great, especially this last week which has seen me running back and forth daily to the gallery delivering prints. It's just a wonderful feeling to know that some of my work will not only be on display in houses locally and in the UK but also as far away as Australia and America.

For those of you who've not had chance to see the exhibition all being well I'll be doing another one next year. And although the exhibition will be no more I'll still have a selection of mounted prints for sale at Oatlands. Perfect Christmas gifts ;-)

Finally a big thanks goes out to Glen Irven who owns the gallery, not only a top bloke with an impeccable taste in music but a great framer, so you know where to go if you need something framed!

Before I bid you farewell I shall leave you good people with a few shots of a Greenshank which was fuelling up this weekend at the Rue des Bergers nature reserve.

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image